The operator pulls the release ring located at the rear of the leveler to raise the deck. During the upward deck motion, the lip plate automatically extends into position. The operator then “walks” the deck down until it rests on the truck/trailer bed. The leveler floats over the entire operating range to accommodate the movement of the truck/trailer suspension. All Pentalift dock levelers use the patented “Easy-Float” hold-down assembly. After truck/trailer departure, the lip automatically retracts behind the dock bumpers.
- patented “Easy-Float” hold down assembly
- ergonomic hold down only requires a maximum of 8 lb of release force
- adjustable brake band permits deck assembly to “float” during loading/unloading
- yieldable lip is mechanically activated and spring assisted
- maintenance support bar
- dual night locks
- yellow/black safety striping
- fixed rear hinge assembly facilitates deck canting
- High-strength, 4-way safety tread plate deck and lip assembly; 55,000 psi yield.
- Full-width, self-cleaning, heavy-wall hinge tube; 70,000 psi yield.
- Gussets on lip and headboard hinge maximize support.
- Deep, 8” high one-piece headboard with bridged gaps; radii on all inside corners for maximum strength; 50,000 psi yield.
- Structural, precision-formed “C: beams; 65,000 psi yield. Specially designed beams allow Pentalift to create and build the deck support with optimal strength-to-weight ratio for a dock leveler. Utilizing ten (10) beams assures an even load distribution and maximum deck support.
- Central deck beam for added support of three-wheeled vehicles.
Full-width, structural channel tailboard and one-piece, full-width rear hinge complete with heavy steel gussets. Pentalift’s unique, welded assembly provides a box section for superior support.
Rear frame assembly features five vertical structural members with eight points of even support for the full-width rear hinge.
- Heavy-duty front frame provides full-width, cross-traffic support and superior building aesthetics.
- Night locks prevent unauthorized entry when overhead door is locked on top of dock leveler.
- Positive lock lip maintains extension of the lip, then automatically retracts once the truck departs. Lip is yieldable if contacted in extended position during truck/trailer positioning.
- Lip-assist spring assembly counterbalances the weight of lip for smoother extension and retraction.
- Computer optimized cam profile reduces “walkdown” forces.
- Mechanical safety legs limit platform freefall in the event of premature truck departure; includes below level control.
- Full-range telescopic toe protection; upper and lower section features a “bend relief” to increase strength.
- Heavy-duty, adjustable lift springs.
- Safe, easy maintenance; only three adjustment points, conveniently located at the front of the leveler, eliminate the need to enter the pit.
- Fixed rear hinge remains flush with rear of the pit to eliminate potential pinch points and surface obstruction. Design allows 4” of lateral deck compensation to accommodate canted truck/trailer beds.
Balanced Design for Structural Harmony:
Other dock leveler manufacturers boast of individual components as though they were unrelated to each other in strength. Little thought is given to the overall structural balance of the combined load-bearing components.
Many dock leveler manufacturers fail to realize that, in many respects, the combination of structural components is similar to a chain and a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
Through the use of state-of-the-art finite element analysis software, Pentalift components are designed and sized to maintain structural balance and harmony throughout, assuring maximum dock leveler life by eliminating any weak links.
- Mechanical failsafe
- 18″ or 20″ lip length
- pour-in-place design
- full range toe guards
- foam insulated deck
- weather seal
- other options available
Pentalift dock levelers are factory-tested prior to shipping.
MD Series Brochure
MD Series Specifications